Samuel H. Shipley Scholarship Award
Click here to download scholarship application
The following guidelines are established for the York Area Sports Night Samuel H. Shipley Scholarship Award:
1. Application must be completed in a word document. NO hand written applications will be accepted.
2. Applicant must be in his/her senior year at a YAIAA High School.
3. Applicant must be attending an accredited college, university or trade school during the next normal semester.
4. Applicant cannot be the recipient of a full scholarship to a college, university or trade school during the next normal semester.
5. Applicant is required to submit the application by the stated deadline and include all the required items.
6. Applicant will be required to participate in an interview with the York Area Sports Night Scholarship Committee at a future date and time.
7. Selections will be made annually before the end of the school year.
8. Each applicant must have at least a 3.5 GPA and earned a varsity athletic letter during his/her senior year at a YAIAA High School.
9. A $2.000.00 scholarship may be awarded to one female and one male athlete each year. If no scholarship is awarded in a given year due to a lack of applicants or other factors, that amount will be placed back into the scholarship fund for future use.
10. Return this application along with a copy of your high school transcript by April 1, 2018 to the following address:
York Area Sports Night, Shipley Scholarship Committee
211 Pauline Drive Box 201
York, PA 17404